Old July 28th 03, 05:15 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Paul J. Adam" wrote:

:In message , Fred J. McCall
writes
:"Paul J. Adam" wrote:
::By your standard, September 11 2001 was an all-domestic affair.
:
:Loon button for Paul noted and ignored.
:
:Frantic evasion by Fred noted with amusement.

Paul, you can expect this every time your name and the IRA appear
together. I know it's one of the topics where your brain shuts down
and your 'cream' glands fire up.

:What would PIRA have had to do in order to qualify as "international"?

Actually being a problem for someone besides the English would be a
big start. The IRA, like the Palestinians, is pretty much a REGIONAL
problem (and yes, the Palestinians have operated in other countries,
too).

Being 'international' requires actually having global reach (out of
region) routinely, not just the one-off op or so.

You will, of course, insist that the IRA is exactly like insert evil
group of choice, even though you appear pretty short of facts on the
ground to support that contention. This is why I don't generally
bother to talk about this issue with you, Paul. Reason left when this
topic comes up in your vicinity.

territory."
--G. Behn