Old July 10th 03, 05:20 AM
H. Adam Stevens

get over it
"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message ...

I believe the "minigun" is the chopper door mounted version of the electric gattling guns.

Arnold was hand holding one in "Predator" and "Terminator II".

The weapon that's as long as your aircraft, throws 6,000/min of death
is the Vulcan Cannon of A-10 Warthog fame.

The Vulcan cannon is actually the single-barrel cannon on most fighter planes in the US asenal.

The A-10 uses the GAU-8 Avenger 30mm gatling cannon.

A mini gun would be the perfect weapon to pod mount on a Cessna.

Roger Halstead wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:54:56 -0400, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

"H. Adam Stevens" wrote:
if my Baron ever gets fixed I think some hard points and a mini gun are in
order
A mini-gun is about as long as my aircraft and weighs a good deal more than
my useful load. I'll settle for a couple of .30 calibers.

Yah, and a Baron wasn't meant for flying backwards.:-)) Those things
blow out over 17 KG of exhaust gas per second, throw out 600 slugs of
over 2# each and spill all that brass (aluminum now) per second.

They had to do a redesign as the early test version kept killing the
engines with the spend propellant gas.

A good craftsman doesn't need a sledgehammer to drive tacks.

I at least like the nail, or tack to stay in the same board.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel