Old October 30th 05, 08:00 PM

Default 2002 B-40 Vario for sale.

The young contest pilot told the world champ, he started with Zero. The
world champ responded with 6,000 pts. That's is what they are giving me
at this contest. The young contest pilot was amazed. Then the world
champion said.."How many points are you going to waste with getting low
and stuck, and making unwise decesions?" The young pilot didn't know.
The world champ, he knew, and said " I will waste no points by getting
stuck, passing good lift, looking for better, only to circle in weaker
lift and climb slower. See, the World Champ, 3 times over, had a plan.
He managed his cockpit so he would do what he felt best. But he had a
plan. A game plan for that contest inwhich he felt would be the best
for him. Buy letting the others due what they did, he knew his
developed plan would be the best for him. Eric, the 303 is primary, the
PDA is second. Practicing is flying contests, that's the only way I can
measure my skill, on that day, against how other's have done, in the
same task area and air mass. Total hours mean nothing, as the time
spent on constructive learning, is better spent. Turning and burning,
without direction, is time loss that can never be made up. XX says it
best. Go to contests, try your best, and see where you can improve.
Just as you carry a engine, with alot of gas, the risk is to great to
carry no gas at all, for you. I have no problem with that. The OLC is a
place to posts your flight's. Its the "Hey look at me" syndrom. Is it
good for contest flying? I think time spent, flying declared tasks,
picking your start time, flying your task for the day and finishing,
will serve you better, so when you go to contests, you will do better.
I like the OLC to see how my buddy's have done for the day and where
they went, but a contest enviroment, really measures the skill level
you have attained. Ego's, which we all have, do get bruised, at a
contest. Its no hiding, as the coming out party begins on the first
contest day. By all your post's you have all the answer's, so you need
no help from me. Your where your at, and use your KISS. Enjoy, Thermal
tight, Soar high, Fly safe. # 711.