Old May 3rd 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Scuttlebutt on the Blue Angel crash??

"Jeff Crowell" wrote in message
Mike Weeks wrote:
The F/A18 clipped the top of a tree during a formation rejoin behind
the crowd, in preparation for the team's grand finale flypast for a
pitch and break into the circuit for landing.

Huh. Sure doesn't fit with the video I saw. But these guys
assuredly know a hell of alot more about it than I do.

What I saw looked a hell of a lot like G-LOC--hardcore
pull, then the nose just sort of fell away, AOB came out,
and he dribbled into the trees. He was well out of the trees
at thsi point (on two separate vid clips I've seen), and it just
makes no sense that he'd try to continue the joinup after
clipping branches.

But what the hell do I know?

I saw the video as well as several others in the demonstration community
including several jet team alumni. Initial opinions are strictly conjecture
as we all know very well.
That being said, we all seem to share the same opinion at this point.
Although the MIR might very well turn it all around on us, to us it looked
like classic Gloc.
Dudley Henriques