Old December 23rd 04, 04:07 PM
Bob Gardner

Many, many times. The coast route is beautiful but, as you say, there are
stretches where there is nowhere to put the airplane. My favorite route is
I-5 (V-23, really).

Bob Gardner

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
Just a pipe dream at this point, but has anyone out there flown from the
SF Bay Area to Seattle (as the PIC, I mean)? Since my dad lives up there,
I've thought it might be fun to do someday, but no matter how I look at
the sectionals for the route - some of it doesn't look very 'pretty':

Go up along the coast and you have some airports but they are mostly along
the coast and subject to coastal fog (makes problems for a needed fueling
stop). Go up along I-5 and parts of the route get dark brown really fast.

Anyone do this? If so, what route did you take and why?

Thanks in advance!!!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -