Old April 14th 05, 09:18 PM
Jay Honeck

I am looking for a place or organization where I can volunteer my time as
pilot, not have to pay too much for the equipment, so that I can keep
current,

Try joining Civil Air Patrol. You can rent their 172s, dry, for just $21
per hour. 182s are just $23 per hour.

CFIs are free, if you wish to add a rating. And mission flights don't cost
you a dime.

Gliders are just $3 per hour, plus the tow plane, which you pay the straight
172 rates for (see above).

And you get to provide your country with a valuable service -- search &
rescue. AND, if you've got teenagers, you get to do something with your
kids.

It's been a win-win for my son and me.
--
Jay Honeck