Old September 14th 03, 02:53 AM
Stu Gotts

First, join the type club for the aircraft you are looking for. Learn
as much about them as possible so you know what questions to ask of a
potential seller. Okay? Then see if the seller has a digital camera
and can send you about 50 pictures. If not, buy him two rolls of film
and get them to him quickly with a fedex return label. You can then
have the film developed. Okay? If all is looking up, consult with
the type club for their recommendations on a prebuy person. Remember,
only a person very EXPERIENCED in the type of aircraft you're looking
to buy should perform the prebuy. Joe Boxadonuts who's been wrenching
for years may have all the good intentions, but may not know the
idiosyncracies of a particular plane. Good luck.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:56:21 GMT, "Steven Barnes"
wrote:

2 friends & I are starting to look at Cherokee 180's to buy. We're in a
flying club, but want our own plane. My biggest question at this point is
how to arrange pre-purchase inspections. Especially when the plane is far
away from our home base (KSPI). Is there a resource somewhere where we can
look up shops/people in various areas who do pre-purchase inspections?

Sorry if this has been covered recently.

Thanks!

PP-ASEL