Old September 14th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Sep 14, 9:47*am, RN wrote:
The current issues with the L-13 Blaniks has our club looking at
alternatives and developing a plan for the future training gliders we
will need.

We would be very interested in other club's experience with other
trainers, and what you are using and planning to use in the future.

Our evaluation parameters include high useful load for heavy students
and instructors, ease and availability of parts for maintenance and
repair, *durability for student solo operations, and up front cost .

John

Current production, training and ride gliders.

Last I heard K-21 wait was 6 months, but that was three months ago.
May be far different now. Very popular.

There's no track record on the SZD-54 Perkoz yet, but price may be
favorable. SZD-50 Puchacz, either you like them or you don't.

Clubs using DG-1000's and DG-505's seem quite pleased with them (apart
maybe from the subscription, if applicable)

PW-6 has been around a while. 7 on the US registry.

Possible production.

L-23. Apparently still available but reportedly none built for a
while.

The Peregrine.....If you would consider one of these, you might write
them about your interest, quantity needed, and its suitability to your
requirements; training, rides, or recreational use. http://www.peregrineaerospace.com/
Such documented interest will help with their hunt for capital. Tim
and Patti Barry have been trying to bring this glider to US production
for eight years, encountering some big hurdles along the way. With
financial backing, they say they could be in production in 4-6
months. Currently all tooling and stock is in storage. About 60 have
been built as the Krosno KR-03a and are in several countries,
including 18 on the US registry. Possibly lowest priced if returns to
production. Will have to build three under FAA inspection.

Frank Whiteley