Old July 23rd 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Temporarily removing fuel and replacing it into the same aircraft

B A R R Y wrote:
Michael wrote:
On Jul 23, 12:33 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
I've been told this is a violation. The person who tells me this
can't cite a FAR, and I can't find one in my own search.

The world is full of 'experts' who will tell you that something is
against the FAR's. When pressed, they will tell you to call the FSDO
if you don't believe them. Those experts can't ever seem to quote
the relevant FAR. They are best ignored.

There is no such regulation in the Part 91 world.

Thanks!

I've been searching 91 and 43, both electronically and on paper, but
my 43 experience is limited.

The problem in this case, is that the "expert" is related to an
airport manager.

So what. If it is against FAA rules tell the manager that if he would kindly
show you the rule you will be more than happy not to do it. If it is aganist
an airport rule then he and you should do the same.