Old November 17th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Someone using my name posting on forums

Dudley Henriques writes:

Just be advised FWIW to everybody, someone is posting on both RAP and
RAS using my name. Don't have any idea how it's being done but I do
realize that these things are possible.

It's extremely easy to do. The poster just changes the name in his newsgroup
program and posts.

I DO use my own name and my real email address on the forums so if any
of you computer gurus out here can trace this character down please
let me know.

Look at the headers; that often gives an indication of the guilty party.