Old April 1st 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default New Student Advice

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:09:57 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Sounds like an April fool's joke
On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 6:37:48 AM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:28:21 AM UTC-4, Reuben Bakker wrote:
I'm beginning my soaring journey...

Reuben, none of the respondents have warned you about a big
problem you'll face: Airsickness.

Fortunately, there's an easy remedy available.

To one glass of orange juice, add:
- 3 ground jalapeno peppers, hotter the better
- 2 ground garlic cloves
Some RAS posters also add a dash of horse-radish,
but that's not strictly necessary.

Drink one of these about 15 minutes before flight,
and you'll be all set!

Enjoy your journey,
Best Regards, Dave

Or...... it may make you sick BEFORE the flight, thus not much of an issue DURING the flight.

As someone that has had to deal with airsickness my whole flying life (I have to "re-acclimate" every spring), I can sympathize.