Old June 4th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

"Gary Drescher" wrote in
news
"Skywise" wrote in message
I'll second that. I'm sick and tired of the descendents of
the slaves demanding recompense (in whatever form) from the
descendents of the slave owners. Were you personally enslaved?
Were you personally a slave owner? I thought not.

Have you directly or indirectly inherited some of the wealth that the slave
owners stole from the black population? Thought so.

Oh! This logic is just incredible!

Somewhere along the line in the past one of our ancesters
probably killed someone in cold blood. So, since you, me,
and anyone else probably benefitted from this murder, then
we should report to the nearest gallows to await our hanging.
Or, if you'd prefer, we can mutually blow each others brains
out in a suicide pact to repay for the murder commited by our
ancestors.

I did not enslave anyone. For that matter, none of my recent
ancesters did either, for they didn't even arrive in America
until after slavery was abolished. So how can I possibly be
responsible for the slavery of blacks in America?

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?