Old June 4th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
newsAtgg.26330$ZW3.14292@dukeread04...
Gee, I do remember exactly what the author said, in context.
Since did not make up what he said and this is neither a
court of law or a college manuscript, my word is all that I
need.

Intellectual integrity should not be restricted to courts and colleges. It
is deeply slanderous to claim that a respected black author had written "a
book about how glad he is his ancestors were slaves", and deeply
irresponsible to make such a defamatory claim without even trying to verify
it. (Of course, a sufficiently racist person might not even realize that the
claim is defamatory, and thus might not realize that special care is
warranted before making the claim.)

If you question my memory, you're certainly free to
research the matter and print your results.

That's ludicrous. It's impossible to prove that an alleged passage did *not*
appear in some unnamed book by some unnamed author. The burden of proof is
obviously on the person who claims it *did* appear.

But your worldview is so impervious to reality that you are able to continue
to believe that your recollection is accurate even if neither you nor anyone
else is ever able to find the outrageous book you claim to have read. Thus,
in your imaginary world, there are respectable African American authors who
are grateful for slavery, and your inability to actually find such an author
does nothing to undermine your self-serving belief.

--Gary