Old December 11th 03, 10:49 PM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:29:06 -0500, vincent p. norris
wrote:

Rejoice with me. They've got the rafters and roof sheathing on our
house, ...

I'm happy for you, Mary, but do you really need a roof? It never
rains there, does it? ((:-))

We actually got 1.2 in. in 24 hours a couple of weeks ago and it
rained a bit this morning. That first storm was a real surprise to
the weather guessers.

It was more than 50 years a go, but when I went through, every cadet
had to carqual in basic, in an SNJ. At that time, no one had yet been
required to choose single or muti-engine.

I think this requirement comes and goes, based on something I heard.
I had thought everyone had to, as you say, but there was some change
for the helo cadets and, later, for the C-130 guys, according to a
helo guy I know. Someone told me the C-130 guys were trained by the
USAF or something, unless that was the Coast Guard, but that might
have been some, not all, or it might be wrong altogether. He wasn't
certain.

Mary