Old November 27th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default news server for uk.rec.aviation.soaring

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 01:47:12 +0000, Alex Potter wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:27:41 +0100, Peter Scholz wrote:

Does anybody know a news server (NNTP) that is hosting the
uk.rec.aviation.soaring newsgroup? I so far only found servers that
host the uk.rec.aviation group, but none for the soaring sub-newsgroup.
I know I can get to the newsgroup content through
http://uras.gliderpilto.net, but I would rather read the news group
through my usual newsreader.

Thanks,

Thanks for pointing out the ukras group. I've asked for it to be added
to the feed at eternal-september. Whether that will produce a result, I
don't know.

AFAIK gliderpilot.net takes a forum feed from r.a.s but won't reciprocate
by generating an NNTP feed from its other forums: at least I haven't been
able to find a newsgroup corresponding to ukras.

Consequently, I won't look at ukras: web forums are so slow and clunky
compared to a decent USENET reader that its not worth the effort to read
them and, besides, forums don't have kill files.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK