Old August 26th 16, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Another terrible loss

GB was a friend all the way back to my hang gliding days in T-town, starting in 1979. Great fun, great laughs with him, "Captain Jack" Carey (also unfortunately deceased), JCB, Jim Lee, Larry Tudor, Hugh Sawyer, J.R. Nershi, Paul Horrigan, Dave Stansfield, Jim Zeiset and the multitudes of glider drivers who had the privilege of flying in that special place. I was happy to have been a part of the "Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West" video production, and I now hope that many other people who never had a chance to meet "Glider Bob" will see the video and learn a little bit about him.

R.I.P. buddy. This one (and the next flight) are for you.