Old October 22nd 05, 03:39 AM

Default Littlefield Glider Club

Jack wrote:
I'm being promoted and moved to Clovis, NM. I had thought I would end
up in Amarillo or Albuquerque, but the boss said it's Clovis. I flew
out of Littlefield in the early '90s in a Region 10 contest, and
thoroughly enjoyed it. Is that club, I think it's Caprock Soaring,
still active? If not, what about Hobbs, or Amarillo? I have a
sailplane, and don't want to see it sit for lack of a good club,
particularly not in that excellent soaring environment. With gas prices
being what they are, I don't want to be too far away...

Jack Womack

Jack,

The club at Littlefield is going strong with Mike Graves at the helm.
Mike is a fairly recent convert to soaring being trained by Burt
Compton at Marfa. Mike has already achieved 500k and a TX state record
in his first year as a licensed glider driver. His entheusiasm for the
sport is fantastic! You will receive a great welcome from Mike. I can
put you in touch with him directly if you wish.

Matt Michael
wby0nder AT aol dot com (the 0 in wby0nder is a zero)