Old May 26th 04, 10:38 AM
Owain Walters

I have a B50 and it is probably the best averager I
have ever flown with. It is reliable, acurate and very
easy to use. I have it linked to a PDA and a Volklogger
and the system as a whole is great. (It may also be
worth stating that I completely re-worked the tubing
when I bought the glider (there wasnt a problem Ian
but we re-did the whole panel!)). My only problem is
the 'push' noise. I hate the noise but to be fair it
leaves you in no doubt that you are at the wrong speed!

I have three mates who all run 302's in their glider.
Two have gone back to the dealer for repairs (one of
those has been back more than once) and the third person
is having problems. I dont want to slag off CAI instruments
because in general I think they are good but the 302
seems to have some issues.

Owain

At 09:36 26 May 2004, Goneill wrote:
I do not have any of these instruments but for my ASW20
I am putting a B50
in it
due to reliability issues with cambridge gear,at our
field some praise some
curse
cambridge 50\50, I prefer 100% reliability and Borgelt
gear seems to fit
this ideal
gary
'Romeo Delta' wrote in message
. com...
I am soliciting opinions on which is the best way
to go:

1. Cambridge Aero 302

-or-

2. Borgelt B50 system combined with a data logger:
a. CAI 302A

b. Colibri

c. Volkslogger

I would appreciate comments with consideration to
ease of
installation, ease of use, performance (to include
comments about
timing and accuracy of indication vs. actual conditions
as well as
one's liking of the respective vario's audio tones),
compatability,
reliability, factory support, etc.--especially from
anyone who has
experience flying with both systems.

Add'l info: I intend to couple either system with
a PDA using
GlideNav II. Also, I live in the U.S.

Thanks in advance,

RD