Old July 14th 04, 10:11 AM
tango4

1 - It's still a motorglider so here in Europe it needs a full pilots
licence.

2 - TINSFOS!

Ian

"Bruce Greeff" wrote in message
tango4 wrote:
1 - 12.5m wingspan 1:25 l/d - not exactly a "performance two seater"!
2 - Its a motorglider so it needs all the hassle of a full pilot licence

Ian

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message

How about this one:
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newslett...letter-17.html

tango4 wrote:

A side by side two seater is just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

The
social aspect on one hand and the fact that if I fly with either of my

young

children I can get to them in flight is just so attractive. Add to that

1:47

performance, folding wings, and new, composite construction, and it's

the

perfect solution. If they were to say they were coming out with a
'traditional' ( ie folding motor in the fuse ) sustainer version I'd

send

'em a deposit tomorrow!

I really wish DG and Schempp would come up with optional side-by-side
fuselages for their ships.

Ian

Ian

They are manufacturing a SLMG two seater side by side called the Taurus.

Higher
performance than the Sinus and just what you are looking for less a few

L/'D
points.

Two advantages though. Much lower cost so you can afford to fly more, and
smaller, so much easier to rig, hangar and transport. Sounds interesting

to me.