Old October 29th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Errol Groff

Default Starduster One pros and cons

On 29 Oct 2006 08:49:34 -0800, wrote:

Greetings,
I've been looking for an open cockpit biplane to have fun with (already
own and fly a 172) and was curious what opinions are about owning and
flying a Starduster One. Especially with an O-290G to D conversion. How
good or bad are their taildragger habits, what to expect from a
maintence standpoint (any problems to be aware of), problems with the
O-290, etc.
I just got my taildragger endorsement (in a Cub and Cessna140), so I'm
leery about getting something too hot to handle, part of the point is
to build up taildragger experience for the future (when I buy my
Nieuport or Fokker replica!)

Thanks for any opinions.
Ryan

Ryan:

Here are a few pics of a Graham Lee Nieoport under construction in
Newport RI.

http://neme-s.org/EAA_1363/visit_to_eaa_1363.htm

The builder is Frank Nowak.

Errol Groff