Old February 23rd 04, 03:47 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Jim Doyle" wrote in message

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
I drove past the charter terminal at MSP this evening, and
happened to see another C-17 at the terminal in UK markings.
Looks like the Brits are getting another C-17 delivery. It
was too dark to see the tail numbers.

Last I heard the RAF was due its fifth C-17 in March/April this year for

99
Sqn at RAF Brize Norton, so that tallies.

It does? I thought the current lease deal was for four aircraft. There have
been rumors of a possible expansion of this, or an outright purshase of some
C-17s (up to six, according to AFM), but AFAIK nothing has been released? I
did read where one of the original four got a bit banged up during a landing
at Kabul (wingtip and engine striking the ground at it settled in) this past
December; could it be that they are returning that aircraft for more
extensive repairs and this bird is a replacement under the lease deal?

Brooks

Don't suppose you got a look at the Union Flag, is it still upside down?!
We'll see if the Boeing paint shop reads ram! )

Jim D

-john-