Old June 8th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber Crash Video

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in news:ed9fb806-990a-4a04-
:

On Jun 7, 3:57*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:10:13 -0700 (PDT), Le Chaud Lapin
wrote in
:

On Jun 7, 12:02*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 07:57:57 -0700 (PDT), Le Chaud Lapin
wrote in
"Step 38...when flying $1.4 billion aircraft and computer warns

you
that something is wrong, listen to it."

What you suggest that the pilots may have done as a result of that
computer warning?

Abort takeoff?

Is that the appropriate response when the computer issues that

warning
message? *

It appears that they were just about to leave the runway when the
computer issued that warning. *

Did adequate runway remain to abort the takeoff ?

Hmm...that's a good question. Not being a pilot, I cannot say, but
from the video, the firestreak of the crash looks extremely long, even
for a 300,000lb+ aircraft. Also, it stated that IAS of 120mph was, in
fact, much less, so conservatively, we could say 110mph.

Not sure if that is slow enough, but again, that runway looks very
long.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're certainly not
qualified to comment on the decisions made by a B2 crew.

Bertie

Bertie