Old July 26th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Experiences with the new LockMart FSS?

As someone who believes was taught by my daddy when he taught me to
fly it is my responsibility to fly the airplane, not some schmuck on
the end of a telephone, I don't get caught up in who is working for
who at FSS...
I use DUATS and the nice lady at the Weather Channel... I call the
AWOS/ASOS along my route to spot check that things are what they are
supposed to be nice invention, those... I call the destination
airport to see how it looks on their end...
About the only time I call FSS is to file a flight plan or to clarify
something in the weather that I am not sure about... Basically, I can
get along without FSS, or even the FAA, as long as there is some sort
of ATC for handling IFR traffic... Now there is a thought - how about
we abolish the FAA for 5 years and then see how things are going
betcha they won't even be noticed as missing

denny