Old December 7th 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default solo with Aspergers

On Monday, 7 December 2020 at 15:03:21 UTC, Jim Kellett wrote:
Aspberger's per se is no longer recognized as a specific syndrome in the spectrum of autism. We had a high functioning autistic student whose personality sucked, but he eventually could safely fly. And I was surprised to learn that there are autistic airline pilots, and very good ones - apparently one aspect of the syndrome is the intense intention to detail works well in some high functioning autistic persons in the cockpit!

Hmmm! I am aware that the APA's DSM-5 has folded "Asperger's" into "Autism Spectrum", but it remains a useful idea for us mere mortals!
May I point out that the law (at least in the UK) draws no distinction between "private motor car" and "sports car", but people find the latter term useful nonetheless!
J.