Old October 28th 15, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SN10 feature feedback - external moving map, etc?

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 8:39:28 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
SN10 pilots - I'm fooling with external moving map support.
The idea is to give a nice map, with final-glide range and
task, echoing the SN10 setup (and winds, polar, etc).
Reduces page-flipping on SN10.
For example: Kobo display of SN10 task info (using XCsoar
or TopHat).

Please contact me offline with suggestions, interest,
dis-interest, etc.

Kirk and Lynn, I haven't forgotten your feature requests.
And I even squeezed out another few bytes of space...

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

Here in the USA and and Europe, most of the folks I see prefer the Dell Streak 5 by quiet a margin. Many units operating today in gliders.

All the best,
John Iacobucci

BTW: Although never popular in the USA, StrePla's software was tops and the pocket version running on the PDA was a very clever design. I continue to run the desktop version and occasionally use the PDA version as well, especially when flying the mountains of Europe.