Old July 10th 03, 10:13 PM
Michael

"Tony Cox" wrote
Flow control delay is determined by *all* airlines, not just one particular
airline.

Ah yes, the "Everybody is doing it" defense.

It can also change when non-scheduled planes arrive, presidents
decide to have haircuts on the taxiway, passengers start fights and a
whole load of other externals which aren't under the control of the airline
you've decided to ride on. Not to mention unpredicted weather.

Like I said - if it happens only very rarely, it's not really a
problem. You can afford to do whatever it takes to make it right for
the customer because it's a very rare event. If it happens often
enough to **** off a lot of customers, and often enough that you just
can't do whatever it takes to make it right for the customer, and you
don't plan for it, then it's your fault for not planning for it. It's
really that simple.

You should check the Federally-mandated airline on-time statistics &
use your common sense.

I do. That's why I don't set foot on an airliner unless someone is
not only paying for my ticket but also paying for me to be there. In
those cases, I just don't worry about delays and unanticipated
expenses - the delays are work time for which I'm paid, the expenses
go on my expense report. No problem.

Michael