Old March 22nd 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Reason 28, 29, 30.... why I don't paraglide

On 3/21/2011 6:00 PM, bildan wrote:

An airworthy spar in a glider flown by a well trained pilot who knows
and follows the rules has a 0% chance of breaking.

Wasn't that the point of the website? That the paraglider has a
relatively large, non-zero chance of "breaking", even though you are
well trained and follow the rules? I don't know if he's right, but
seemed to be reasonable argument, that many/most accidents began when
the paraglider became unairworthy. That seems different from our
sailplane experience, where I'd say most glider crashes involve an
airworthy glider.

email me)