Old February 17th 12, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default This Just In- Butterfly

On Feb 17, 3:38*pm, Frank Paynter wrote:
On Feb 17, 1:49*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:

Sure Wayne. *I got it.

But just to be thorough we might want to get the ball rolling with these guys too.

http://www.lxnav.com/products/ahrs.html

I would hate to see someone get hammered for this stuff and labeled a bad guy, etc.

There is a big wave of this technology crashing in on the market right now. *If we are going the path of disablement, it is bigger than simply butterfly.

Sean
F2

On the side of divisiveness, I have to agree with Sean. *I recently
created a one-axis attitude sensing system for another application,
and found it was pretty trivial to implement using easily available
hobbyist parts and development systems, for about $200. *And this of
course doesn't even begin to touch all the smartphone and tablet
products that all incorporate solid-state 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis
magnetometer chips that make ahrs apps trivial to implement.

Sticking our collective heads into the sand does no one any good - it
is time to realize that the capability *WILL* be in cockpits soon if
they aren't there already, and the success of plugging one particular
hole is like plugging one hole on the titanic - nice publicity, but
ain't gonna help much ;-).

Relax Frank, it's being handled.

That said, guys are expected to read and abide by the rules.

Evan Ludeman / T8