Old November 26th 04, 02:42 AM
Andrew Gideon

Jay Honeck wrote:

One lesser known fact about credit card companies is that they will
screw the VENDOR far more readily than they will their customers.

has American Express or Diners Club done the same to you?
(just curious)

We'll never know -- I threw BOTH of them out right after we opened, after
they tried to charge us 5% for each transaction. (The other cards --
Visa, Mastercard & Discover -- charge us "only" 4% for the privilege of
"working" with them.)

Interesting. I wonder if the 5% plus following their own rules (if they
do!) might end up costing you less in the long run.

Personally, I'm a big believer in not trusting parties that don't follow
even their own rules. I always worry that the next "failure" will be
bigger than any before.

- Andrew