Old April 27th 04, 03:23 AM
David Kinsell

"Gary Evans" wrote in message ...
Thanks David. I found the specs for 406 and see that
it is a colloidal silica thats to be added to regular
gel coat. They claim that it is off-white in color.
When mixed with gel coat does it color match an unweathered
glider finish and will it accept a polish?
Thanks!

The color is a very good white, I don't think most people would call it
off-white. I've never noticed any color change as a result of adding it.

As far as sanding ability goes, the label rates it as one of the highest-strength
fillers, but tougher to sand. The 403 is supposed to be the next grade
easier to sand. Then there's three low-density fillers that are easiest to
sand, but they're all colored. Chip-filling is easy to sand, so I'd expect you'd
be happy with the results from either the 403 or 406.

-Dave