Old May 7th 05, 02:20 PM

You didn't have any runway assignment; can't be without an operating control
tower.

A Lieberman wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:07:08 -0500, A Lieberman wrote:

I mixed up runway assignments.....

The approach takes you to a 45 for landing 35 or cross mid field for 17.
Would it be acceptable practice to cross mid field and execute a right hand
pattern for runway 35.

Allen

Last week, I was doing approaches in actual IMC, and returning back to MBO
(Madison, MS), I broke out right at minimum ceilings 4.8 miles DME from the
JAN VOR. Ceilings were just above 900 feet. Missed minimums are 5 DME an
900 feet ceilings (NOTAM raised it from 860 to 900).

The approach takes you into a 45 degree entry for downwind for runway 17 or
midfield for 35 circle to approach. There was a plane at the end of
taxiway 35 waiting for his clearance for take off.

This got me to thinking.....

Had I broke out of the clouds at mid field at 5 DME from the JAN VOR, what
would be the proper procedure for landing on 35? Winds were blowing from
340 at 21 knots gusting to 29 knots. Airport has a left hand pattern.

Would it be "acceptable" to cross mid field and execute a right hand
pattern entry? No noise abatement issues at this airport.

Allen