Old October 2nd 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default taller battery holder/clips for Ventus 2?

On Oct 1, 4:28*pm, Steve Koerner wrote:
For my ASW-27 I made humped steel brackets to replace the standard
flat brackets that go across the top of the Schlicher battery box.
My plan was to transfer the thumbscrews from the old bracket to the
new. *However, I found that the short original thumbscrews were
difficult to access around the new tall bracket. * That led me to
design a tall captured thumbscrew that I turned on the lathe and
knurled. *Works great. *Using 10 AH batteries now.

Steve Koernerwww.wingrigger.com

My reply, of course, applies to Schliechers and probably isn't much
help to the OP with a V2.
Steve