Old November 8th 04, 11:28 PM
Raoul

In article , Fred J. McCall
wrote:

Raoul wrote:

:The Veterans of Foreign Wars here in the USA calls 'em "buddy poppies"
:I bought one from an old guy on the street. He said I was 'buying one"
:so that's good enough for me.

Then he was wrong. You see, he could not legally SELL you a poppy
without a vendor's license, tax number, and all that other
impedimenta. This is why in actuality it works precisely as described
to you - you CONTRIBUTE money and they GIVE you a poppy.

Jesus Christ impailed on a bayonet- you guys are pretty damn anal about
this.

Hell, I don't really care. The old dude was walking along wiuh his VFW
hat on and a handful of buddy poppies, I gave him a dollar and he gave
me a poppy.

I'm wearing it even as we speak.

raoul