View Single Post
Old February 5th 18, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 3-4 day Regional contests

DISCLOSU This is completely self serving.

When people discuss what limits pilot participation in contests - TIME does pop up as an issue. (yes there are many others, but let's stick to TIME here)

Has anyone had experience with running a Regional contest that was 3 or 4 days rather than than 7 days? is that even allowed?

I was looking at scoring and ranking and noticed that 2 days of regional contest get a pilot 95% of the rating he would have received from a full 7 day regional.

For me (and several employed friends) - 1 to 2 contests a year is the limit. I need to keep a few days (PTO's) for the extraordinary flying days and a few so my family believes there is still hope for a vacation.

The model we have right now is fine for youth that do not need to work and retired /self employed pilots. We are missing the 25 to 45 year old pilot age group.

Weather is always a crap shoot,y so why not gamble that the first 2 days are the best, rather than committing to possibly sitting in the rain for 7 days. May also be less grueling on the organizing group.

WH

(With 0r Without a Hard Deck LOL)