Old October 20th 04, 02:56 AM
Roy Page

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your input, did not know about the database having
Victor airways, that is very useful when ATC change your clearance.
Roy

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:58:35 GMT, "Roy Page" wrote:

I was all ready to install a GNS 430 but now feeling that a GNS 480 may be
better option.
Although more expensive, I am getting the impression that the GNS 480 has
significant advantages.
It seems that UPS stole a lead on Garmin with their WAAS approved unit.
Now with Garmin owning the brand and the UPS unit being budged as the
Garmin
AT GNS 480 I am not sure which unit to install.
Will Garmin upgrade the 430's display and software to give it WAAS
capability or will they just upgrade the GNS 530 and leave the 430 a poor
relation ??
Over to the group to help me decide - Install a 430 or 480 ?

Roy Page [N5804F Archer II]
Beloit Ohio 44609

I made the choice last year to install (what is now) the 480.

It is WAAS enabled NOW. Version 2.0 of the software was just released
which
gives it vertical guidance. And it has airways in the data base which can
be entered into the flight plan.

The price difference was not a factor for me, though.