Old July 20th 03, 05:36 AM
Jay Honeck

oh well. meigs is history and daley wins. on my drive to the airport this
morning i hear an advert for the chicago air and water show, featuring the
red baron stearmans, team oracle, lima lima team etc. my question is what
happened to the boycott of chicago called by aopa. it seems it would have
been a perfect way to give daley a black eye if no civilian teams or
performers showed up. i plan on asking them when i get to Oshkosh

AOPA, for better or worse, is a large bureaucracy. As such, their main
mission in life is their own survival, no different from any other
organization that depends upon "dues".

Meigs is history, and AOPA doesn't want to do anything that would remind us
of their utter failure to prevent its closure. They will do whatever it
takes to change the subject, so that you continue to send them $$$. This
includes hoping that we all forget about the "Boycott Chicago" war cry that
created not so much as a stir in Chicago. No organization (or person, for
that matter) likes to be reminded of their impotency.

I, too, plan on asking them about this at OSH, but not because I expect an
answer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA