Old April 15th 05, 09:56 PM
Shawn

Here. I'll do you one more favor then you are on your own.

www.keyhole.com

Now, gliderfolk, you are going to have to PAY. That's right. You can
use it for a week for free but then you have to decide between that new
baseball cap with the propellor on top, a pocket pen protector or
keyhole.

If you choose keyhole, you can zoom in a lot closer than Google. And,
you can tilt the view (after it loads fully) and view the surrounding
areas. You can measure distances and find exact GPS points. Zoom in and
out. Move the stick. Haul ass up canyons. (I was looking for a tunnel
project on the Kern River a few minutes ago so I could measure the
mileage to where our helicopters need to mobilize from. Wish I could
have strafed the town of Lake Isabella while I was doing it.)

In areas where there is the greatest detail, you can see cars on the
streets, tres in bloom and what your competitor keeps in his backyard.
In areas out in the boonies (like the Owen's Valley), you can "take
off" from Inyokern, fly over to Boomer Ridge and wander right on up to
Reno. And, it is pretty close to the real thing. Certainly, it is good
enough to fly a cruise missile into a palace doorway.

This is your tax dollars at work. And, since today is the day that we
fund such things, I want you all to use keyhole since I think I
personally paid for 40% of it today.

Google is a toy. Keyhole is a REALLY GREAT TOY!!

That only runs on window$. No Unix support? Definitely our tax dollars
at work.

Shawn