Old August 4th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Headset Choice

On 2 Aug 2006 06:39:48 -0700, wrote:
Now, my head is large (no razzing, please) - I had to special order my
motorcycle helmet because nothing in the store fit.

I know the feeling... I laugh at the sizing charts for the ball caps
that say "one size fits all"... When I'm looking for a motorcycle
helmet, I'm lucky if in an entire wall of helmets, I can find even one
that fits... On my last helmet, I was not able to find one locally, so
I ordered one online... Using the manufacturers sizing chart, the 2XL
size should have fit me... Yeah, if I took a hammer to the inner
styrofoam and 'reshaped' it... Usually a 7-3/4 to 7-7/8 fits me well
enough that I don't have a crease on my forehead when I remove the
helmet... Turns out that I use my old Shoei helmet and let Grace and
Kaitlyn use my new one... Too bad -- the new helmet is definitely
cooler than the old one... Plus it has considerably fewer scratches on
it...