Old August 4th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Headset Choice

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:13:02 +0100, wrote:
Adding another 31db of attenuation inside the earcup may be good for
protecting the hearing but does the increased volume cause any
overloading of the speakers as they are being driven much harder?

For my headset, I haven't noticed the speakers being overloaded...
Yeah, I have to turn the headset volume control up a bit, but the
sound does not appear to be distorted like you would see on the old
TVs with their tiny speakers when you turned them up too loud...