Old August 30th 20, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
alasdar mullarney

Default Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini

I wish I could contact Matt Herron Jr. directly.
I worked with Matt Sr., his Dad, to achieve winch launching his LS-6 at Jacumba - I believe a bucket list item for him.
He also hosted myself and Roman Wrosz for an adventure in winch testing at Crazy Creek in June 2014.
What a delightful person to have met. Matt Jr, he gave me an autographed copy of the Big Blue Schoolhouse.
If you read this, my condolences - but you had a great Dad.