Old November 29th 03, 03:36 AM
Big John

Jim

Article in AF Times there was a successful test flight at Kitty Hawk
of a short distance with no damage a few days ago.

Wife destroyed paper so can't quote whole article and which group did
it. Think it was the 'official' group going to fly the 17th ?

I would have thought it not hard to build a "one off" simulator to
allow pilot to get feel of the operation of the Wright Flyer controls?
If they did, haven't heard about it.

Big John

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:54:20 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

(A resend of last December's message.)

Along with a few hundred thousand of my closest friends, Gail and I will be at
Kitty Hawk on 17 Dec 2003.

The "Kitty Hawk Bound" poster (a la our traditional "Oshkosh Bound" poster) is
posted on the website www.rstengineering.com and is available for download. I
found a photocopy of the original telegram from Orville to Bishop Wright and a
vividly clear photocopy of the patent drawing that I've put on the bottom of the
poster.

Use the poster and the rest of the goodies on the website with our compliments.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com