Old April 29th 20, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Bad Aviation Films

I started this tread and forgot to mention one of the all-time greats in
bad aviation films:Â* "Iron Eagle".Â* After "An Officer and a Gentleman",
Louis Gossett, Jr. must have fallen on really bad times to take that role...

On 4/28/2020 10:45 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 10:40:28 PM UTC-4, John DeRosa OHM Ω
http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
I stumbled upon this rather odd movie and I have no idea why YouTube thought I would like it.

It seems to be a cross between the Right Stuff, the genre of Steam Punk and hokey comedy of Airplane! with special effects at about "Thunderbirds" quality - all from the famous (cough, wheeze) British movie making colossus of "ANGLO AMAGAMATED". Catchy name, huh?

The title of this academy award ain't-never-gonna-win epic is "Iron Maiden". No it has nothing to do with the rock group nor a torture device. You just can't make this stuff up.

But it does have an airplane theme running through it and a few shots of a jet military-like airplane (right after the credits) that looks real but I have no clue what it is. The ship is seen landing at 9:09.

WAIT A MINUTE, the Skipper from "Gilligan's Island" (played by Allan Hale) is in it! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Enjoy...maybe...

https://youtu.be/Rf8XQPKgbq4

--
Dan, 5J