Old November 17th 03, 09:00 PM
Tom S.

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
But this is no different then if you were VFR so shouldnt be an issue.

Power
management is part of flying any airplane.
I cant see this as being a reason for complex airplanes causing more

accidents
in IMC.
Has to be something more.

I agree; we're getting a lot of statistical "correlation" but nothing
meaningful in terms of causation. So far, the "causation" is that
retractables are faster, and thus they more readily will "get away" from you
in IMC. Well DUH!! That's why they're there -- for PERFORMANCE.

Of course, retractables are flown FOR SPEED, whereas fixed gears are not
necessarily in that same category.