Old January 12th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Boulder Colorado Wave Forecast?

Hi,

A good friend of mine has invited me to join him at Mile High Gliding in
Boulder, CO for about 3 days if the forecast looks good for wave. If the
forecast is good I'll fly out sometime between Sunday and Tuesday evening
for 3 days of soaring. Can anyone in that region give me their best
forecast as to when the wave is most likely? I really want to get my Gold
and Diamond altitude badges but I can only afford about 3 days out of the
office as I'm busy getting ready for the SSA Convention. My friend arrives
on Saturday and will call me to give me his best guess on when to join him -
based on feedback from those at the gliderport. He will be there through
Friday. I guess my question is: Should I go during the early part of the
week, or the later part of the week, or does the weather look bad for the
entire week? I'd rather not take the time out of the office if the outlook
is poor.

I've done very little wave flying. What weather systems do you look for?
Here in Minnesota the cumulus soaring is great a day or 2 after a cold front
comes through, but I imagine you are looking for high winds and stable air.

Of course, I know that it is impossible to predict the wave accurately - any
advice would be appreciated.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.