Old December 19th 10, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Am I too old to fly?

Ed wrote:
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:41:16 -0800 (PST), george
wrote:

On Dec 20, 6:46Â*am, wrote:

BTY, if a person flying under the light sport rules has a "clearly
disqualifying medical condition" and starts or continues to fly, then they
are in violation of the rules for light sport.

And the betting is that the 'unfit to fly' drove to the doctors :-(

It is my understanding that the only requirement to fly Light Sport be
that you can qualify for a drivers license. If there is any other
rules pertaining to ones medical condition I don't know what it is,
however I'm real old and certainly don't keep up with everything, I do
fly though.

FAR 61.53 (b)
"Operations that do not require a medical certificate. For operations
provided for in 61.23(b) of this part, a person shall not act as pilot
in command, or in any other capacity as a required pilot flight crewmember,
while that person knows or has reason to know of any medical condition that
would make the person unable to operate the aircraft in a safe manner."

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.