Old April 22nd 19, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default Taurus glider for sale

On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 9:26:20 PM UTC-5, Echo wrote:
Speaking of complicated, I have direct knowledge of this one, and it's a lot more complicated than you realize. Just know that the manufacturer declaring it's unairworthy has nothing to do with anything, other than them not getting their way. I'll leave it at that.

On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 9:26:20 PM UTC-5, Echo wrote:
Speaking of complicated, I have direct knowledge of this one, and it's a lot more complicated than you realize. Just know that the manufacturer declaring it's unairworthy has nothing to do with anything, other than them not getting their way. I'll leave it at that.

I must admit, It's not my glider, nor is it my $60K, But, How does the type certificate holders specific determination Not have anything to do with it?
That information would surely matter to an insurance company, and should concern any potential buyer. I have no doubt any future incident with this particular airframe would draw the lawyers like Buzzards to a carcass. Makes me wonder if the last inspector to sign it off is comfortable, and did he know? and will the next one be made aware? I'd bet Five bucks the owner was the last A&P to sign off this glider. I apologize if my skepticism is showing.

P.S. respond here if anyone was the last inspector and I owe you five bucks..