Old May 11th 19, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Escaping glider on the ground with stuck canopy?

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 2:56:41 PM UTC-7, RR wrote:
I always fly with a leatherman on my belt. Either the pliers or the saw would have me out in a jiffy...

I do the same. Most gliders have a gap on the inside of the canopy frame to fuselage join. If the canopy jettison is of no help, then insert any pry tool in the gap (crack) opposite the canopy hinge. Pry away. A pry end with sharp edges (like a flat blade screwdriver) should get good purchase. Unlike other methods, if this works, any damage should be minimal.