Old May 19th 19, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Escaping glider on the ground with stuck canopy?

Of all the single seaters I've flown, I doubt I could get my feet out
from under the panel to do any kicking.Â* I like the suggestion to keep a
baseball cap with a button on top in the glider.Â* If the canopy gets
stuck, simply change hats and, viola!

On 5/19/2019 4:21 AM, Mike the Strike wrote:
The manual for a glider I recently flew for the first time states that if the canopy releases fail the pilot should kick out the Plexiglas.

Seeing how often the canopies of club gliders get broken, I suspect breaking out will be easier than you expect.

Mike

--
Dan, 5J