Old May 19th 19, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Escaping glider on the ground with stuck canopy?

On Sun, 19 May 2019 08:22:17 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

Of all the single seaters I've flown, I doubt I could get my feet out
from under the panel to do any kicking.Â* I like the suggestion to keep a
baseball cap with a button on top in the glider.Â* If the canopy gets
stuck, simply change hats and, viola!

I've never worn a flying hat with button on top, but I hear it can be
painful, so maybe fitting a thickish leather or rubber disk under the
button would be a wise precaution.

Being a Libelle driver, I don't expect my canopy would ever fail to
release but suspect I would not enjoy flipping over.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org