Old May 27th 05, 05:44 PM
xyzzy

Paul kgyy wrote:

If I took this route, it would probably be driven by price, and I don't
think I would build. If I'm going to invest the time to build
something, I'd rather build something fast like a Velocity. If I could
get a new LSA aircraft for less than $75K, I'd consider a new one,
otherwise probably go with an oldie for which parts were still easily
available - maybe an ERcoupe so I could learn to do crosswind landings
with feet on the floor :-)

I've found Ercoupes fascinating for a long time and have been watching
them, looks like they took about a $5,000+ jump in price when the LSA
rule came out. That's a lot for an airplane that used to sell in the
high teens and low 20's.